Wilmington Animal Hospital’s philosophy is to provide compassionate and individualized traditional and holistic care to our patients. We practice high-quality medicine and strive for excellent communication with our clients, because we believe they deserve nothing less. We truly care about our patients and treat them as if they were our own family members, but our passion for animals isn’t limited to our facility. It is our belief that it’s impossible for a caring, thriving veterinary hospital to be disconnected from the larger community it serves. That’s why we lend our time and services to organizations in the community so that more pets can benefit from the same quality of care that our patients receive.
How We Help Those in Need
Our doctors and staff regularly volunteer at their local schools, houses of worship, and other civic organizations to help others in need. They also share their veterinary knowledge and skills for animals and pet owners in less fortunate circumstances, and:
- Give free first exams for pets adopted from the Delaware Humane Association or other animal shelters (with certificates) to encourage a lifetime of good healthcare
- Keep an adoptable cat from Delaware Humane Association in our waiting room
- Provide a discount and sizeable account credit to the Delaware Humane Association to provide care to shelter pets
- Make monthly donations to Delaware Humane Association in honor of our patients who have passed.
- Open our practice to school groups so they can learn more about our profession and animal care and safety
- Host veterinary students for externships
- Participate in toy drives, raffles, food banks, and various other programs
Several of our staff members put their love of all animals to work on an individual basis for a wide range of charitable and humane causes as well, including:
- Erika (LVT) volunteers and fosters senior cats and kittens for the Salem County Humane Society
- Debbie fosters mama dogs and litters of puppies for Delaware Humane Association
- Carol fosters puppies or dogs in need for Delaware Humane Association
- Dr. Epstein shares her time with Providence Animal Center (formerly Delaware County SPCA)
- Dr. Jankowski is on the board for Delaware Humane Association
- Dr. Green is a staff veterinarian at Delaware Humane Association
- Dr. Ladman shares her time with Delaware Humane Association
Wilmington Animal Hospital is very proud to play such a large a role in helping strengthen the community and serve pets and people in and around Wilmington. Together, we are but one of many hands that are helping to sustain and make where we live a better place.